Contact Hallsburg School at 254-875-2331 or email resume to email@example.com
Job Title: 2nd Grade Teacher Start Date: Immediate
Reports to: Elementary School Principal Pay Scale: HISD Teacher Scale (187-day contract)
- Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with Elementary Certification
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience as an elementary teacher preferred, but not required
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student differences.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
Student Growth and Development:
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Be a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization:
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials, as needed.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
Professional Growth and Development:
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Direct the work of assigned instructional aide(s), if applicable.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking
Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move text books and classroom equipment
Environment: Work inside, may work outside; regular exposure to noise
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
Hallsburg ISD is a small rural district located just outside of Waco Texas. With approximately 155 PK-6 Students, we are a small community school with a small close knit faculty.
Submit application and resume to:
Mr. Jonathan Eggerman
2313 Hallsburg Road
Waco, Texas 76705